Skincare is important to many people, young and old. When you have clean and clear skin, you feel your best. However, during the summer months, high humidity can affect your skin significantly. Let’s take a look at high humidity’s effect on the skin and why your summer skincare routine may look different this season.
High Humidity and Your Skin
Do you find that your skin reacts differently when exposed to humid environments? This is because humidity causes your skin to be more prone to acne breakouts and even heat rashes due to the added moisture in the air opening your pores. Here are some other side effects that can happen to your skin due to high humidity:
- Excessive Sweating: With high humidity levels comes excessive sweating that will trap too much moisture in your skin.
- Allergic Reactions: If your sweat ducts remain closed due to excessive perspiration, you will begin to experience red bumps around your body, making you uncomfortable.
- Eczema: If you have a history of eczema, it can reappear due to high humidity’s effect on your skin.
How You Can Protect Your Skin
During the hottest months, you deserve to have clear skin, even during humid weather. Take a look at how to change your summer skincare routine to protect your skin’s healthy condition.
Use Products With Acid
If you have an oily skin type or get acne quickly, try using facial cleansing products with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. This will help keep your skin clean in humid climates.
Moisturizing helps you keep your skin clear year-round. That’s why it is so important to do it, especially during high humidity levels. It will soothe your skin while keeping it properly hydrated so it doesn’t get dried out.
While relaxing, facials are also beneficial to the human skin. If done regularly, you can keep your pores unclogged and free of oil and sweat, avoiding breakouts. Check out our facial services, including our microinfusion facial.
Don’t Forget the Water
You may think your summer skincare routine only includes products you apply to your face, but there is a lot more involved. When you drink the right amount of water every day, you help improve the health of your skin.
Feel Your Best Everyday!
High humidity’s effect on your skin shouldn’t bring you down! Taking precautions is the best way to protect your skin in humid climates.
Here at Refresh Wellness, we want to give your summer skincare routine a lift by offering a bounty of services from Hydrafacial microblading to chemical peels to ensure your skin looks beautiful year-round. Check out our website to get started today!
- What Is Microneedling?
- 3 Advantages of Laser Hair Removal Procedures
- The Benefits of Fraxel Laser Treatments
- What Is a Vitamin Microinfusion Facial?
- What Is Hormone Optimization Therapy, and Is It...
- IV Therapy for Health and Wellness: What You Ne...
- The Benefits of Laser Skin Treatment for Sun Da...
- The Effects of High Humidity On Skin
- Post-Quarantine Weight Loss Tips – How to Get Y...
- The Dos and Don’ts of Winter Skincare